Because I have Liese as one of my best friends and Gheen as my husband, I must ski. And thanks to me college friend, Stef, who taught me to ski before I met Gheen. Truly, the pressure of so much fun is hard to take sometimes (ha-ha)... So we went skiing up at Alta on Jan. 2. I've decided that the tremendous hassle of packing skis, hats, gloves, goggles, boots, coats, ski pants, socks, long johns and munchies for four children frankly stinks. It takes two hours just to get everybody to pee before we take off. But once we are on the hill and everyone is warm and comfy in all their get up and breathing fresh air and having a great time, it is all well worth it. The other day when we were driving down the mountain Gheen says, "I want everyone to try and learn something new every time we go skiing... like carrying your own skis and boots to and from the car." (HA- I thought he was talking about something technical.) We have so much fun though! I am so grateful we have this activity to enjoy together as a family. It's all selfish though because I am hoping when the boys are teenagers they will still want to go with us, especially if we pay...
The pictures look like I am doing all the work with Oliver, but it was Gheen who spent his day with him, except for the few seconds it took him to take the pictures. What a good dad.



6 comments:
Hey, where are the pictures?!
hold your horses, there coming.
I love your picture!! Holy COW you are beautiful inside and out.
I especially liked the pix of you helping calvin(?) Ali was so glad you helped Eden that way. I really enjoyed telling Reg how good you were at skiing with little kids between your legs! You are amazing and I love you.
yeah for your blog!!
ok, seriously beth, you are the cutest mom on the planet. seeing you with those 4 boys out there is awesome. we miss you already!
Such cute pictures! You are truly amazing.
Hey- I barely got a chance to talk to you on the slopes when we were all there with Heather. How the heck are you?
Post a Comment