
Who gets to see a beautiful picture of their insides? Who, I ask?? Simon, that's who! Simon had his appendix out the beginning of Feb. and is doing great. Aren't these pictures great? The first group are of the appendix, it was all sticky with infection and it was wrapped up on itself. The pool of filth is actually a pool of filth. That's what was dripping from the infected appendix -gross- no wonder he was writhing in pain. It's quite long compared to other peoples, I guess. The next group of pictures are of his kidneys, look how beautiful they are, clear and perfect. You can see the gall bladder peaking out from under the kidney on the picture on the top left. And then his appendix all by itself. They are usually straight, as well as not that long. He was a real trooper.
Exciting, I love this stuff.

1 comment:
Gross! I don't share you love of this kind of stuff. I do think it is interesting, but can't say that I love it!
I didn't know that he had his appendix out... he shares that in common with his uncle Kelly. My dad's was wierdly shaped too, and had created a sack around itself.
By the way, I use google reader too to let me know when there is a new post, then I click on the bold title above the post and it takes you right to the site so that you can leave a comment--not that I mind an email from you, just fyi!
Post a Comment